Sunday, January 25, 2015

Possible Project Topics

Topic 1:  Goddess Ganga: I was really intrigued when I saw the list of goddess and I saw Ganga. I would like to stick with goddesses in my topics but who knows I may veer off if I find something interesting that sparks my interest.

Research: So far my in my research with Ganga on Wikipedia I found that the Ganges river is by far the most sacred river to the Hindu people. It supplies the needs for many who live along the river. Without this river some would not survive. I think it would be interesting to learn more about the rituals and what the river really means to the Hindus.


Topic 2: Karma: Karma has always been interesting to me. I have always been a believer in: You get what you put in and you get what you deserve so I think that it will be really interesting to further my research in the topic of karma. 

Research: I am not Hindu I am Christian but I still believe that what goes around comes around. In the wikipedia article. It states that Hindu people believe that good intent and good deed contribute to future happiness and vise versa.  However, other religions believe in karma as well. 

Topic 3: Sita-  I thought it might be interesting to research Sita since I did one of my Storybook's on Sita.  Let me add that her and Rama's story made for quite the love story. With that being said, Sita seems to be a very interesting woman so I want to learn more about her. 

Research:  While reading on the wikipedia website about Sita I learned that she is the Goddess of wealth. She is loved by all and is a very pure and wealthy woman. Many look up to her for her courageousness as well.  She is also one of the Goddesses associated with fertility. I will be interested to see what else I can research about Sita. 

Sita 
Topic 4: Rama is the hero in the story we are reading. He is the one who won Sita's heart and they lived "happily" ever after. I think it would be interesting to learn about Rama who is Sita's love. 

Research: While researching about Rama, on the wikipedia website I learned that Rama is often referred to as the Perfect Man, and his wife Sita also shows to be a Perfect Woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment