Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 13 Reading Diary A: The Pandava's

During Part A of the Reading we read about the Pandavas chasing the deer into the forest. They end up not returning so Yudhishthira went to look for his brothers to end up finding out that they were dead.  However, a voice in the lake said that he had to answer questions for the brothers to come back to life.  In the end Yama answers the questions correctly and brings his brothers back. It turns out that the voice that is talking from the lake is Dharma as well.


This was a very interesting read because I could not imagine what Yama was thinking whenever he found his brothers dead by the lake. If it were me I would have been so worried about answering my questions back correctly.

1 comment:

  1. Hey again Kelsey!
    I found this part of the reading assignment to be interesting as well. It really stood out to me because I wonder what emotions and thoughts Yudhishthira was experiencing at that moment. I also focused on writing about this in my reading diary! If I were him, I would probably feel responsible for their deaths because he was the one who sent them to the lake in the first place.

    ReplyDelete