Sunday, February 8, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 4

This week has been super hectic! I decided to switch from a Storybook to a Portfolio and I am glad that I decided to do that. As for the readings this week I probably enjoyed this week the most because I really got into my story that I retold about Dasartha giving his title to his son Ramana. I think that it would be such a great feeling stepping down from your title knowing that the person stepping up is going to do such a great job! As for next week, I am really excited to dive deeper into Buck’s Ramayana and see what other stories will peek my interest for my Portfolio and my Storybook posts!


The weather in Oklahoma seems to be so bipolar! It seems at the beginning of the week I was wearing a heavy jacket and at the end of the end of the week I wasn’t wearing one at all! Next week who knows, we may have snow by the rate our weather is going right now! But, this weekend ended my History of Racism class with Dr. George Henderson. Let me tell you, if you ever have the chance to take a class with Dr. Henderson do it because he is the neatest guy I have ever met. This class was a weekend class that took place Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for three consecutive weekends. Even though it ended late some nights it didn’t feel like I was using up my weekend at school.  He started the Human Relations Department at OU and has done many other things for the University of Oklahoma.  I learned so much from him and the entire class became so close within such a short amount of time. If I weren’t graduating this year I would definitely be taking his other class that he offers. This was definitely an experience I will not ever forget. 

Personal Photo of Dr. George Henderson and Myself 

No comments:

Post a Comment