Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Storytelling, Week 7: Rama Abandons Sita

Why would Rama abandon me while I am my most vulnerable?  I was bearing his twins and and he knew that they were his twins and he abandoned me. I love him so very much and can not see myself with anyone else.  The mere thought of being with anyone else makes my heart hurt because I am meant to be with Rama.

But, how could Rama abandon me like we had never loved each other at all.  He left me out in the Ganges to basically get eaten by wolves! How could he believe all of the nasty rumors that everyone was telling him about me living with Ravana?

Was it all just a big show? Did Rama just want his beautiful queen so that he could show everyone that he could get the girl all to leave her in the end and win in the battle?

I have so many questions and so many things to tell Rama but I need to ask him privately not I front of everyone in the palace.


 ~~~~~~

Rama is hearing all of these voices coming down the hall of the palace.

“Why would he still be with Sita. There is no way that she was faithful to Rama when she was away with the King for that long.” whispers a servant.

“She had to experienced temptation and more than likely she slipped up because there’s no way she could have stayed faithful being away from her husband that long.” said another servant.

Things were really getting to Rama. His mind was going a hundred miles an hour with the thoughts that Sita could have possibly been with another man.  Next, he saw another group of servants down the hall whispering and giggling as Rama passed. He couldn’t quite make out what there were saying but he knew that they had to be talking about Sita being away and living with someone else for so long.

Oh how Rama wanted to go to his Father Dasaratha for help, but he didn’t want his father to do anything rash and say something to Sita. He wanted his father to be proud of him in all aspects of his life, but how could he be proud that his wife was away with another man for so long. 


Rama knew what had to be done. He had decided that he couldn’t be with her any longer.  He knew what had to happen he had to abandon her. 




Bibliography: Buck, William (1976). Ramayana: King Rama's Way

Author's Note- I wanted to tell this story through Sita and Rama's perspective.  Sita is so hurt and betrayed because Rama abandoned her.  She thought he loved her and that he would be there for her through thick and thin but she still loves him and can't image life without him. As for Rama, he is hearing all of the people in his palace talking about Sita and it is really getting to him. Finally, he breaks and he decides that he is going to abandon her. 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsey! Awesome story! I did something similar as well over Sita's abandonment! Can you believe that Rama just left her like that? How rude... Anyways I liked how your story involves with two perspectives. I thought that was clever since most people would probably just do one perspective but in your story I get a sense of what Rama is thinking. Rama cared too much about what others think especially his father but what surprised me was his love for Sita was not that strong otherwise he would have never abandoned her like that. Your story really showed two sides of their thoughts and that was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelsey! Wow, I really liked your story. I have a thing for stories that show people's perspective about the same event at the same time, in this case being Sita and Rama about her being abandoned. I wish your story continued this sort of back and forth thing between Sita and Rama. It would have been interesting to see a time lapse to when Sita returns and it merges from their two perspectives to a third-person perspective as they meet again. Even more, it would be cool to branch out back to the two perspectives after Sita disappears again. Just a few suggestions, your story opens up a lot of opportunities to write further. Again, I really liked it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great story to read, Kelsey! I really liked how you showed Sita's as well as Rama's perspective on Sita's abandonment while explaining the event. I've seen a lot of storytelling posts with single perspectives; this was quite unique for me. It's ridiculous of Rama to abandon Sita based on what other people think. Good work. Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelsey!

    I really enjoyed your story this week! I thought you did a fantastic job telling the story from both Sita's and Rama's perspective. This is one of the first stories I have read in this class that has told a story from different perspectives. I still can't believe that after everything that Rama did to get Sita back he would be so easily swayed in abandoning Sita.

    ReplyDelete