Sunday, March 1, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 7

First off, this week has been a bit of a blur.  First off the Oklahoma weather is probably something that everyone has been talking about. I think it is very safe to say that our weather here in Oklahoma is pretty bipolar. Hopefully this week all of the ice and snow will melt and we will start seeing some 60 degree or 70 degree weather. Hopefully that’s not just wishful thinking. 

Well, lets see part of the reason my week has been so extremely stressful was because I had to take my little man Bratton to the vet early Monday morning. It had all started on Sunday night where he wasn’t walking very well and was a little disoriented and not eating very much of his dog food. Then, on Monday morning he had gone downhill fast. He was falling over and couldn’t even walk. He was rushed to the vet and got an Xray done and the vet had said that she thought he had a slipped disc.

Bratton can’t jump on the couch or on the bed or anything so he hadn’t done anything to hurt himself so we have no clue how he could have slipped his disc.  However, in these little dogs it happens a lot without knowing how it really happed. He was put on pain medicine, a steroid, and an anti inflammatory for the inflammation. Once the medication is gone if he hasn’t improved a lot he will have to more than likely go to a surgeon and have surgery on the disc.

So needless to say I have been super stressed this week with my little fur baby, work, and school. I am very blessed that my Mom can help out with him when I need her to.  Prayers are definitely appreciated ! J


Personal photo of my Sweet Bratton! 

4 comments:

  1. Since I have already commented on your introduction post I will comment here. I agree Oklahoma weather is super bipolar. I am from Texas and thought weather there was bad, but I believe it is worse here. Haha. I want warm weather! I am so sorry about your poor puppy! I can’t imagine what I would do if my little one was hurting, and I hope to not find out anytime soon. I will say some prayers for your sweet pup, please let me know how he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelsey! I hope you're enjoying the warmer weather and all the sunshine! I also hope your little puppy is feeling better! That is so sad, but I am hoping that no surgery was needed and your puppy is feeling better. I'm glad your mom could come down and help out though! But hopefully spring break will be a good, relaxing time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelsey, I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby's slipped disc. I hope it got better without any surgery necessary! Ya the Oklahoma weather is pretty crazy, but at least now it's warmed up quite a bit; however yesterday was still pretty cool for this time of year. At least we haven't had any serious tornadoes hit Norman yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey,

    I’ve already commented on your introductory post, so I’m commenting here where I doubt many people have before. I am so glad that we are now over that “do I want to be 17 or 75 degrees” kind of weather; now we are able to enjoy tornado season. Oh my! I hope your dog ended up being okay! We have a dachshund at my house, so I know how easily little dogs can hurt their backs.

    ReplyDelete